Cookies Aren’t Just for People You know! We hope you will come munch with us as we join in with as Ellie the Wienerdog celebrates National Cookie Day. And what’s better than homemade cookies? (Nothing.) We are excited to try a special Ellie Cookie Recipe for pooches this most pawsome of all holidays.
Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Cookies
180g | 2 cups rolled oats , or quick oats
85g | 1/3 cup peanut butter (make sure your peanut butter has just peanuts as an ingredient and no salt or other additives)
1 medium very-ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add oats to a food processor and process until a flour like consistency
- Add peanut butter and banana
- Process until a dough ball starts to form. Add a drop or two of water if it wont come together. Usually it does without any though.
- Turn out onto a clean surface and roll out to about 3 mm thick
- Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Place in oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Watch them carefully near the end. You want them hard but keep an eye on the bottoms so they don’t go too brown.
- Leave to cool on the tray then transfer to an air tight container.
If you try this recipe, please let us know how it went! We would love to hear from you.
Know someone who would love this? We would love to be introduced to them! Feel free to share this on your Facebook, tweet it on your Twitter account or tag us on Instagram post using @elliewienerdog. Share for a chance to win some cool Ellie bling like bookmarks, magnets or stickers.
If you liked this article, be sure to check out Ellie the Wienerdog’s Favorite Fall Pumpkin Recipes or Ellie the Wienerdog’s Favorite Peanut Butter Recipes